Job Posting – Box Office Clerk
Date posted: October 19, 2021
The Belfry Theatre is currently seeking submissions from qualified theatre professionals for the following part-time position: Box Office Clerk
Reporting directly to the Audience Services Manager or the designated Box Office Supervisor, the box office clerk will be responsible for ticket pick-ups at performance times, including checking patron ID and vaccine passports; selling single tickets and subscription packages; receiving donations; answering and routing administration calls simultaneously with box office calls; helping patrons navigate the Belfry’s online ticket site; handling cash (including maintaining a balanced float) and credit cards; and providing the highest possible caliber of patron service.
A suitable candidate should have:
- Experience in customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills, both on the phone and in-person
- A calm, friendly manner
- A background or strong interest in the Arts
- Basic accounting and math skills
- Ability to work closely with others in a small office setting
- Familiarity with Word and Excel
- Availability for evening and weekend shifts
- Experience with database or ticket sales software (knowledge of the Arts Management Theatre Manager software an asset, but not required)
Part-time positions are available for one or more suitable candidates, with daytime, evening, and weekend shifts available during production weeks, plus the opportunity for additional shifts working rental shows as they are added to our schedule, and relief shifts outside of production weeks.
Start date: November 16, 2021
Starting wage: $16/hour.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post / hand delivery to 1291 Gladstone Ave. Victoria, BC V8T1G5 attn: Ian Gibson. Deadline for submissions is November 1, 2021.
The Belfry strives for diversity in the workplace, and is an equal opportunity employer.
The Belfry thanks all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted and selected applicants should expect to be contacted by November 5.