One of our hallmarks is our building, a former Baptist Church built between 1887 and 1892. From the company’s inception in 1974 until 1991 the Belfry rented the main theatre space in the building from The Cool-Aid Society and shared the complex with a homeless shelter.
In 1991, Cool-Aid moved, and the Belfry began its first capital campaign to buy and restore the building. Staged to allow the company to operate, the renovations were completed in 2000. The building is listed in the heritage registry and has won multiple awards for its restoration.
In the summer of 2017, the lobby was renovated – making it more accessible and comfortable for the tens of thousands who use the space each year.
Our ongoing capital campaign will now focus on updating our aging technical equipment – the video, sound, projection and lighting equipment we rely on to create the magic onstage.
Tax receipts are issued for all donations of $10 or more. All donors who contribute $25 or more are eligible to vote at the Belfry Theatre’s Annual General Meeting.
To donate, click on the button below, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 250-385-6835 or 250-385-6815.