Job Posting – Development Coordinator (Maternity Leave)
Date posted: September 12, 2017
Temporary full-time position (maternity leave)
The Belfry Theatre:
Victoria’s largest and longest running professional theatre company and heritage venue is seeking a Development Coordinator for a maternity leave placement. The Belfry operates year-round with programming occurring in the facility on an almost continuous basis. With a mandate to produce contemporary theatre and to support the greater Victoria arts community we engage in several programs that foster community in our neighbourhood and the region.
This is a full-time temporary position for a minimum of 10 months from January through to October 2018, working closely with the Development Manager. It is an exciting time to join the Belfry team during our 42nd season, as we continue to expand our programming and artistic outreach and grow our revenues to support our expanded role within our community.
The Belfry’s development strategies encompass major gifts, corporate sponsorships, direct mail, legacy giving, foundation applications, small business support, fundraising events and in-kind goods and services. We are fortunate to have an extensive and well-maintained database of supporters and ticket buyers. The Belfry’s major gift program was launched in 2015 and is rapidly expanding. We are also currently conducting an additional $1 million capital campaign.
The Belfry staff work closely together on projects and there are good opportunities for growth and mentorship in a busy two-person fundraising department.
- Coordinate donor and fundraising events, including management and acquisition of auction items
- Assist with developing and maintaining sponsorships and relationships with businesses
- Prepare family and corporate foundation grant applications for program and capital campaign funding
- Donor and sponsor stewardship including correspondence, tracking and delivering appropriate benefits and recognitions
- Coordinate annual fund direct mail campaigns
- Ongoing database list building and generating reports for mailings and events
- Updating web-site and social media posts for development purposes
- Coordinate fundraising meetings, take minutes.
Skills and Attributes:
The Belfry is strongly committed to the principles of Equity, Diversity & Inclusion.
The Belfry is largely an accessible facility and further accommodations would be made for persons with physical disabilities.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Requirements for this position are: self-motivation, an ability to work independently and within a team environment, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as being at ease with new people, and a strong attention to detail.
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada.
Additional Assets for the Position Include:
- Experience in a fundraising position with competency in at least one area of fundraising, or project and event coordination experience.
- Above average competency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word, including competency with mail merge.
- Strong database and analytic list building skills (knowledge of Theatre Manager or a box office/fundraising database is an additional asset).
- Experience working in the arts.
- Experience with the successful creation of printed and on-line communications materials.
Salary range is $39,000.00 to $46,000.00 per annum, negotiable commensurate with experience.
Some evening and weekend hours are required with time off in lieu.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to send a cover letter addressing the above requirements and assets, along with a resume to: email@example.com by October 30, 2017.
Applications are accepted by e-mail or post only. For email applications, please forward your application in a .pdf, .doc, .docx format only, and ensure your subject line is “Development Coordinator.” Start date for the position is January 2, 2018.
The Belfry thanks all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will occur in November 2017.
From the Blog
Love, Dignity & Hope
Job Posting – Indigenous Cultural Advisor
Empowering Youth Through The Arts Fun/d-raiser
Black History Month 2018
Beyond mental illness: Rethinking mental health and wellness